Cisco Meraki: Quick Setup Guide
1. Open a ticket with Meraki to enable Walled Garden Domains and RADIUS accounting.
2. Open a ticket with Wavespot and provide MAC-address of all Meraki routers to be connected to Wavespot Cloud. Provide your full name and a phone number in the ticket for follow up. You should proceed with next steps only after a ticket completion email is received.
Integrating Meraki with Wavespot Cloud
1. Login to Meraki dashboard at https://dashboard.meraki.com
2. Configure Access Control
● Under the “Configure” section, click on “Access Control” on the left menu and configure as follows:
● Select Association Requirement as Open (no encryption)
● Select Splash Page as “Sign-on with my RADIUS server”
● Add Radius server for Splash Page by clicking Add a Server. Configure: Host: shared separately | Port: shared separately | Secret: shared separately
● Select Radius accounting is enabled in the Radius accounting dropdown and click Add a Server.
Configure the following details Host: shared separately | Port: shared separately | Secret: shared separately
● For “Captive portal strength” dropdown, select “Block all access until sign-on is completed” option
● Select “Walled garden is enabled” for Walled Garden dropdown
● Walled garden ranges:
Facebook: *.facebook.com, *.facebook.net, *.fbcdn.net, *.akamaihd.net
Twitter: *.twimg.com, *.twitter.com, *.twitter-any.s3.amazonaws.com
Wavespot: *.wavespot.net, *.newrelic.com, *.cloudfront.net, *.s3.amazonaws.com
● For Client IP assignment” section, please Select “NAT mode”
● Click on Save changes.
3. Under Splash Page section on the left menu, configure the following:
● For Custom splash URL, choose 'provide a URL where users will be redirected' and configure value as http://app.wavespot.net/wavespot/visitor
● Under Splash behavior for: Where should users go after the splash page? choose, A different URL and input the value as http://app.wavespot.net/wavespot/visitor?res=success
● Click: Save
Activate Wavespot account:
● Create a new account at http://app.wavespot.net/wavespot/activate. Select the service plan (Standard / Premium) and enter any discount code provided by your Account Manager.
● Enter MAC-Address of first Meraki AP when activating a new account.
After activation, you can add additional APs by navigating to “User Settings” → “Add location” under master account.