This document explains the steps to upgrade the firmware of the Wavespot Router.
WARNING: Do not power off the Router for 5 minutes ...
- Download the Latest Wavespot Firmware from here and save it on your computer.
- Connect your computer with the Wavespot router via the ethernet [LAN] cable. Alternatively, you can connect your computer to the Secure SSID (default: Wavespot) .
- Fire up the browser, and navigate to the location 192.168.4.1 or 192.168.222.1
Remember: The admin panel can be accessed only by Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Internet Explorer is unsupported.
- At the authorization page, enter the user credentials for the router. The default username is root and the default password is the last 3 octets of the router's MAC ID [in capitals], including the colons. For example, if your MAC ID is 00:25:22:2E:D2:41, the password will be 2E:D2:41
- After logging in, select UPGRADE button at the top right. Click the choose button, select the latest firmware that you downloaded above(Step 1), un-check the keep settings checkbox and click the "Flash Image" button.
- On the next page, click on the "Proceed" button
7. And the Wavespot Firmware is getting upgraded. Please "DO NOT POWER OFF THE DEVICE".
Once the upgrade is finished, you will see a login page.